(Me walking on the beach, 2009, Koh Samui Thailand)
"The cure for everything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea"- Isak Dinesen.
Life is very stressful right now.A lot of work related problems and irritations, upcoming renovations of the whole apartment and some other personal problems that I don’t feel getting into. Feel as if I have too much going on and I need to "get off" the merry-go-round or I’m going to hit the wall. Somehow I need to slow down and detox my mind from the information overload. I guess I could take a relaxing massage, but don’t really know how to find the time. Anyhow my primer priority should be ME right now and I guess I will try to focus on getting back in balance. This weekend I will get a lot of rest! My plan for Sunday is to have a late breakfast in bed, surround my self with flowers, books and scented candles and just be. Saturday even in this harsh winter weather I want to go outside and get some fresh air, I think it will do me some good.
We spent a beautiful and sunny but ice-cold day in lovely Copenhagen. Unfortunately winter does seem to be dragging on over here :) I hope you all had a wonderful Saturday and I whish you a great Sunday!
I’m sooo sick of this weather! I’m constantly tired and moody, feel like I’m going out of my mind! I need to recharge my batteries with some sunshine. That’s all I can think of these days, feeling the sun on my skin and taking it easy with some yummy cocktails by the sea.
I believe that this is the perfect outfit for flying and this is why;
When you travel you want to be comfortable I know, but that doesn’t mean that you should wear some kind of a work out gear like some people do. It is especially important to look your best if you are traveling to a glamorous destination like Rome or Paris. I think that you can never go wrong with the classic black and white combination. It is o so chic!
1. On a plane whether you are sitting or trying to take on a lying position, most clothes crumple up, so you'll have to go with very forgiving fabrics. A stretch jeans (if it is you real size, not your ideal size that you manage to squeeze into) is comfortable enough to sleep in and looks exactly the same after ours in the back of an airplane.
2. Most planes are cold (at least for me) so it is smart to have layers of clothes. A beautiful cashmere sweater looks and feels luxuries. You can wear a nice little top underneath and take of the sweater when you arrive in sunny Barcelona or Nice.
3. Do not wear too much jewelry! It’s uncomfortable and only going to be a problem at the security lines.
4. A Pashmina shawl will not only turn your trip into an unsurpassed comfort experience but also look fabulous around your neck. Pure luxury!
5. Wear shoes that will keep your feet warm in the cold airplane and are easy to remove. I think Uggs are great and if you find them clumsy, you can put a chic ballerina in you handbag and switch shoes when you arrive at you destination. Problem solved!
6. A fabulous watch will elevate your style and help you to be on time, witch is particularly important in this situation.
7. Big dark sunglasses will hide your tired eyes, make you look like a superstar and works well as a do not disturb sign ;)
“We don't see things as they are; we see them as we
are.”- Anaïs Nin
I think the statement is generally true. Very little if any of what we "see" is separate from the filters of our mind. Our perception is colored by our experiences and individual persona. Do to our own narcissism we think we always right, even if sometimes we whish we weren’t :) Do you agree or disagree?